Thursday, 2 January 2014

Goals for 2013 Reviewed


• Be creative and artistic - This was my number one goal for the entire year, and I actually did pretty well with it. I have made a conscious effort not to repress my creativity all year long. I may not have accomplished all that I could have, but I've made the first steps and begun to dip back into some old creative habits. I stopped acting about 8 years ago, having enjoyed nothing more until then. This year I started acting again. I also forced myself (that's no exaggeration) to turn up, absolutely terrified, to a singing club. I'm still incredibly nervous and I do sound awful, but that's not the point. I attend frequently. I keep taking lots of photos. I doodle more. There's still a way to go, but the key thing is I've begun to remind myself that there are some things which I really enjoy doing once I've pushed myself a little. 

• Move out - This happened right at the start of the year, and I can't articulate well enough even to my closest friends the extent to which it has improved my life. I am absolutely in love with this little place that I have all to myself. 

• Do at least one blog challenge - I surprised myself here. I did two month-long photo challenges. It drove me mad, but it felt good to make it through. 

• Make or customise at least one garment or accessory - A few days ago I was genuinely considering trying to make a dress in one day so that I would not fail to meet this target. Not having planned for it, I didn't have enough of any suitable fabric. It probably wouldn't have happened if I did. Fact is; I forgot about this one, then I remembered and couldn't be bothered. 

• Be punctual - Sometimes I can be stupidly optimistic. Enough said. 

• Plan outfits in advance - See above.

• Make friend dates - I have managed to make a suitable effort to have 'friend dates' this year. It's paid off. 

• Harden up - I'm not sure that 'hard' is the right word here. I think what I meant is that I wanted to be a little more thick-skinned and less 'emotional'. I feel inclined to count this as a target that has been met. I don't feel less emotion, but I am less emotional, if that makes sense. I am perhaps a little wiser. Though not quite wise enough to explain it. 

• Have proper me time - I have done this too, having my own space has made it much more achievable. Girly films with wine and chocolate, candlelit baths, hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows. Lots of time has been spent on the sofa!  

I may have scored a failure hat-trick, but 6 out of 9 isn't too bad. Regardless of how many items I can tick off my list, this New Year's Eve I was able to look back on the year as one that I am proud of. That's good enough for me. 


1 comment:

  1. It's cool enough that you got a lot of hits, don't let the misses get you down!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...